Monday, February 9, 2009

LIFE - Ministry - job


LIFE = Who I am
Ministry = What I do
job = Where I do it

Problems with my job:

· It doesn’t feel sacred
· I see no measurable success
· The Jesus community isn’t communing or commuting
· Marriage and ministry can be like oil and water
· It has taken my health
· Impatience with staff/ board/ leaders
· If I’m going to run a business I want to get paid
· Leadership development isn’t developing
· I see little life response (seek God, connect people, serve)
· Vision gets further away
· God doesn’t source everything I do
· I’m not good at half of it
· Pastors are hired to be fired, no job security
· Denominational utilitarian expectations
· It’s painful and lonely
· It’s more religion than Kingdom
· Is it the best expression of my life and ministry?