Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gaining Christ

I am blessed. No doubt I have lost more than I wanted but I still have more than most. Even if I lost it all, it would still be a good deal to gain Christ. Since our transition out of vocational ministry we have hung on to Matthew 5:10 that we would be blessed. We have been...
  • Kristan and I have stayed connected
  • The kids are resilient
  • Friends have drawn close for fun, comfort and care
  • Family have given us support, food and love
  • Kristan is living her dream of a private counseling practice
  • Church family has prayed, hugged and given us money
  • We have had ministry opportunities to speak and serve
  • I have new insight into Scripture, people and myself
  • God has given us daily bread
  • Our bank account has multiplied like loaves and fish
  • Doctors and Businesses have comped their services
  • Charlie has a home with my parents
  • Brent has given us a home
  • I have a job with benefits and free tuition
  • I sense God's presence and preparation for what's next

Ultimately I want my life to please Jesus. A quote by Fil Anderson has helped...

"Often, our gift will be found in endless and tireless service, but Jesus reserves the right to suspend our service in order to help us know what our greatest affection is."