Friday, July 11, 2008

Africa - Final Thoughts


  • We are shaped by our cultures. There are comparisons in American and African cultures and both contrast the Kingdom Culture.

  • The call to live in God's story of Creation - Incarnation - ReCreation is for every person.

  • Law and order is good for a society. Driving in Uganda was scary as many followed road rules as suggestions.

  • God is good no matter how bad it is. (remember Africa if you think you've got it bad)
    • I've lived in the excess of American culture rather than the Kingdom culture of faith, hope and love.
    • I want to live in eternal life today by loving God and loving others not just confessing with my mouth or believing in my heart Jesus is Lord.
    • I am not called to move to Africa but came home with a greater passion to serve my church and community (while hoping to visit Uganda again to visit my new friends and encourage their ministry).