Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What a Friend Needs...

I was hanging with two friends (Gabe and Tom) awhile back and we came up with a list of what a friend needs. When one is hurting we all want to help but don't always know how or what to do. We thought it is helpful if one person tells the other specifically what would help. Here's our list...

JUST LISTEN, initiate sex (from spouse of course!), Brainstorm Options, agree, SYMPATHY/EMPATHY, speak Truth, Remind me Who/Whose I am, real Prayer NOW, S-P-A-C-E, BE with me, RESOURCES - books, quotes, music, bible verse, ADVICE or Wisdom, Go with me, Do the hard thing with me, FUN/Pleasure, getaway-escape, Permission to EXPRESS!!! the good, bad and ugly W/OUT Judgment, BRUTAL Honesty, CHALLENGE me to ACT, relieve me of a responsibility, Discern my place/purpose in God's Story, Bible character Association, SHOOT the BREEZE, Give me a SECOND+ chance, FORGIVE me, REmind me to Forgive...